Property Scouts can tell you what needs to be done when selling your Denver house and to get top dollar. All the magazine articles and television shows can give you some generally helpful tips. But, when it comes to area-specific, the helpful tips from a local source can do more for you in getting top dollar for that market.
* The following information is when you can wait out the market to get full market value for your Denver, CO house. However, if you need to sell fast, or getting the most money possible isn’t a focus for you, we can help you there too. Give Property Scouts a call today and talk to one of our qualified team members.
1) Cleanliness Is Not Enough – You need to clean, then clean again. Even a house that sits vacant will collect dust, especially if are people walking through it. If you want to impress potential buyers, gleaming perfection is the only acceptable result. If you aren’t a cleaning machine freak, then hire the task out to a professional. And have them come back once a week until you sell the Denver, CO house.
What if you’re still living in the house and aren’t a clean freak? You may want to consider a temporary relocation while your Denver house is on the market. It is pertinent to keep your house immaculately clean if you want potential buyers to feel comfortable there. The quickest way to run a potential buyer off is to let them walk through a dirty house.
2) Create a neutral style – This doesn’t mean every wall of every room has to be a bland off-white. Adding subtle colors to each room can give your Denver house the feeling of being bigger. Some examples of soft colors would be a touch of soft yellow in a dark kitchen, or a deep blue on one wall of the bedroom can make it feel calm and quiet. But don’t go too dark – that can make a room feel small.
And don’t go cheap with the paint – a high-quality paint applied by a professional painter will get you the most ROI. The right colors neatly done brings makes a house feel like it is built well and will bring more money. And this goes for the exterior too – don’t neglect the exterior. It’s all about balance.
3) If something is broke, fix it or replace it – Broken handrail on the front porch, burnt out light bulbs, dripping faucets, running toilets, you know those annoying, but you learned to live with them things. While you may not want to spend money on you Denver house that you’re trying to sell, spending a few dollars here and there, even a couple of hundred dollars will be an investment. Because when it comes time for the home inspection, any buyer is going to use those small, annoying things to bargain a better price.
Stay compliant with the local, federal, and state laws too. It won’t hurt to have a home inspection done before putting your Denver, CO house on the market and use that report to not only get a feel for what the market is worth but the things that you can fix or replace now.
4) Only necessary improvements are needed – Be careful not to over-improve! Avoid customize frills that are your style because you aren’t going to get that money back. Make safe investments that you have a better chance of getting your money back.
5) Ask the experts – Request a real estate broker, maybe two or three, to give you a price estimate on your Denver, CO house. Don’t lead them on to think they are going to be your real estate agent – let them know upfront what you’re considering or planning.
6) Create a marketing plan – This is where real estate brokers earn their money. They will advertise your Denver house, along with all the other houses they have listed and spread that expense between all their clients. Because advertising is not only expensive, but it is time-consuming too. If you’re planning on FSBO, you’re going to have to start from scratch, whereas a real estate broker is already in the game and ready to go. But you have options, research them and become educated so you can determine the best way for your situation.
7) Want to sell your Denver house quick for cash – Property Scouts buys Denver houses all day, every day, with a quick closing and pay cash at closing. Why would you want to sell to us? Because you won’t have to do any of the stuff we mentioned here, you’ll sell it faster, and you’ll have cash in hand.
Don’t Feel Like Dealing With All The Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Denver, Colorado House Fast?
Everyone wants to get the most money they can for their Denver house, but not everyone can or wants to do what it takes to make that possible. From doing repairs, cleaning inside, sprucing up the outside, making improvements and upgrades, then marketing the property all takes money and time.
And doing all that is great if you have the funds and you have the time to let your Denver, CO house sit on the market for three, six, nine, even twelve months while it battles other houses on the MLS listings.
But when funds and time are limited, selling a Denver house to a cash buyer for less than the retail price maybe the better option. And that is what calling Property Scouts can do for you. Give us a call today and we’ll ask some basic questions to determine if your house fits our criteria, then we’ll give you a cash offer with a quick closing date, usually in 7 days.
Go ahead and see what it will take to sell your house the traditional real estate market way. Then call us to see what we can offer you in cash. Decide which way is the best for you and your situation.
If you still are wondering “What do I need to do sell my Denver house”… consider these two options:
- Make repairs to your Denver house by following the steps we listed above.
- Sell it for quick cash to Property Scouts and we’ll do all that work.
If you have a Denver property that you need to sell, Property Scouts help you. We’re in the business of buying houses like yours and we do it every day.